Insurance Claims Officer
Location27A Tanjong Penjuru
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, understand/record and ensure customers’ service needs attended.
- Advise customers on repair scope, time and cost where applicable.
- Obtain all necessary document and authorization (signed) before and after commencement of repair work/claims.
- Where applicable, co-ordinate with leasing companies to arrange for replacement car on behalf of customers.
- For insurance claims:
- Gather and organise required information and document for claims submission.
- Guide customers on accident and claims report updating.
- File/ensure accident e-filing done within specified period for customers.
- Advise customers on liability using the BOLA guide, claims procedure and other related matters.
- Follow up with insurers on liability verdict. Where required, escalate case if liability verdict is unjust to customer.
- Check and advise customers on payable Excess/Deductibles.
- Conduct/coordinate with Estimator on car damage assessment, repair scope and cost estimate confirmation.
- Ensure adequate and clear before and after repair photos taken for record and claims submission.
- Finalise and document the scope of claims and recovery amount or value.
- Prepare all required document for invoicing and claims submission.
- Create Repair Order and communicate with Body/Paint Shop Supervisor on work scope and delivery date.
- Ensure customers’ belongings (left behind in vehicle) secured and returned in condition as before.
- Coordinate with parts staff to reserve/order required parts.
- Monitor and update customers on claims, repair and delivery status.
- Conduct final condition check before delivering car to customers. Feedback and arrange for rework where required.
- Inspect car condition jointly with customer and explain work scope before handing over car to customer.
- Handle customer complaints and escalate when higher authority intervention needed.
- Maintain good relations and communication with Body/Paint Shop, inter-company staff and insurers.
- Organise claims document in custody for easy monitoring and cover by other colleagues when required.
- Maintain assigned work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Be a team player and render assistance to colleagues where necessary.
- Assist in other company’s requirement when directed and work within the authority of the position.
- Minimum NITEC/Diploma
- Possess 2 years experience in handling insurance claims/bodyshop is essential
- Experience in relevant auto leasing industry will be an added advantage
- Customer oriented, good interpersonal and communication skills, particularly attuned to working well with others
- Class 3 Driving licence