Location27A Tanjong Penjuru
The Officer/Executive (Claims Recovery) conducts day-to-day activities relating to motor claims negotiation and settlement, and other functional support relating to customer service and/or motor insurance. S/he is an integral part of the team to achieve high level of customer satisfaction as well as contributing towards the company’s objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Claims Recovery & Administration
- Coordinate with Claims Advisors on information and documents to support claims negotiation and settlement.
- Coordinate with Customer Service Coordinators to ensure accurate and timely submission of Letter of Demand (LODs).
- Negotiate with insurers on claims offers on behalf of customers (un-insured losses claims, loss of use/rental, etc.).
- Gather, analyse and present evidence/information on complex claims cases to support in getting customers a fair deal on liability judgements and claims offers.
- Provide accurate and timely advices on claims offers and updates on status to Claims Advisors and customers.
- Ensure timely closure of claims and escalate cases to direct manager on overdue/unacceptable insurers’ offers.
- Submit Refund forms for claims due to customers and/or companies upon receiving insurers’ payment confirmation.
- Provide timely updates and details of insurers’ claims payments to customers and/or companies. Ensure related reports are updated whenever there is a change in case status.
- Ensure all claims document/information are organised and updated to ensure easy visibility/tracking and retrievable:
- Sort and place physical files/documents based on category and status of each claim at designated area.
- Update related reports/records for on-time tracking of status.
- Submit closed cases to CSCs for secured storage. Assist in such filing where required.
- Carry out claims processes diligently to achieve company’s KPIs (Claims Settlement, Accounts Receivables, etc.).
- Actively initiate/participate to improve such processes when required.
- Support in updating or provision of such report(s) on bi-monthly basis or other period specified by management.
- Support in customer reception and service when required or directed (includes cover of Claims Advisor duties).
- Conduct/provide support on sales of motor insurance policies the company are certified to sell (new & renewals).
- Handle customer complaints and escalate when higher authority intervention needed.
- Be a team player and render assistance to colleagues wherever necessary.
- Maintain and build good relations with insurance companies and their appointed adjusters.
- Maintain good relations and communications with Body & Paint Shop, intercompany staffs and departments.
- Assist in other company’s requirement when directed and work within the authority of the position.
- Claims related experience preferred
- Basic business proficiency in English
- Customer service oriented
- Proficient in Excel