He/She will be responsible for in-house legal matters including drafting agreements, addressing compliance issues, vetting of commercial agreement and able to handle legislation. This role reports to the Group Senior Legal Counsel and will be supporting the company at the Group level, covering different subsidiaries when necessary.
- Provide advice and support to the business units and management with regard to potential regulatory impacts of relevant laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Provides a legal advice on the potential liability, in order to take necessary steps to control the company exposure.
- Formulate and develop legal strategy, plans to ensure the legal policy guidelines implementation and adherence.
- Prepare and update policies and procedures with regards to local laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures
Compliance management required under the Personal Data Protection Act
- To be appointed as the compliance officer for PDPA
- Update Data Protection Policy and PDPA manual when new legislative changes or new guidelines issued by PDPC
Management of Intellectual Properties
- Ensure that business activities are properly licensed and all relevant staff are properly registered with regulators as appropriate.
- Manage all trademarks, including liaising with corporate lawyers for all application or renewal etc
Review, draft/negotiate and provide legal protection/ risk management advice on contracts and agreements – with external parties
- Financial Institutions: letter of offer, debentures, deeds, corporate guarantees, personal guarantees,etc dealership/ distributorship agreements
- Procurement contracts or service agreements with vendor / suppliers
- Contracts with business partners eg Insurance companies, Insurance agents, etc
- Sales & Purchase agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Licensing agreement
- Tenancy agreements
- Lease agreements
- Bachelor Degree in Law
- Min 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Experience in either corporate commercial law or dispute resolution
- A strong team player with interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with personnel at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good attention to detail
Interested applicants should write in with full resume indicating current and expected salary together with a recent photo to:
HR Dept – Trans Eurokars Pte Ltd
12 Sungei Kadut Ave